Sunday, March 25, 2012

Coat Closet Clean-Up

     Hello everyone!  We had a very rainy weekend and I thought, what better way to spend a dreary day than to tackle a small organizational project.  As much as I admire those homes where the owners have every space perfectly organized, my home is far from it.  We have a very hard time keeping everything in its proper place.

     There is no better example of our disorganization than what is
 behind this closet door....


     This is our foyer coat closet.  It is not very big and is used solely for collecting our shoes and coats when we get home.  However, as you can see, the shoe situation has seriously gotten out of hand.....


     I know....YIKES!  It is pretty funny when you consider the fact that we actually have a shoe rack, yet most of the shoes are strewn about.

     I kept a basket on the top rack with the idea that it could hold winter hats, gloves and scarves.  As you can see, the shelf actually holds a computer bag, some random plastic bags, a baseball cap, and an American flag scarf (don't ask, I have no idea why we have this either).....


     Clearly, this closet needed a makeover so that it could be functional again.  A trip to The Container Store brought the much needed organization that this little closet desired. 




     Awwww much better.  The green container on the top shelf holds handbags and the natural fabric box replaced the basket full of winter accessories.  It has a lid, which not only keeps the space tidier, but helps keep dust off of its contents through the Spring/Summer months. 

     I can definitely breath easier knowing that every time I open this closet I will be able to find my shoes with ease.  Now we just have to make the effort to keep it up.   Were you able to keep the look of your organizational projects, or did you fall back into your old habits? I'd love to hear from you all!

                                                                                                       -Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment