Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lamp Shade Makeover

     I hope all my fellow Marylanders stayed warm during our first snow of the season!  Despite the weather I had a pretty busy weekend, and unfortunately very little time for decorating.  Booo!!!!  With time being an issue, I decided a quick project was in order. 

     If you are like me, you probably have some items in your home that you would like to re-purpose for another room.  In my case, I wanted to re-purpose a lamp that I had in my foyer.  I always liked this lamp, but it was a tad too small for the table it was sitting on.  Basically, it needed a new home and I had just the place for it.

     Here is the lamp before I got my hands on her....



     As you can see, the lamp shade is a bit BLAH!  But I figured with a little ribbon, some decorative accents, and my handy glue gun I could transform this boring baby into something more interesting!        .

     Here is what I came up with....




     Now that's more like it.  Can you guess what room this little lady is going in?

     I think the best part is when the lamp is lit; the butterflies actually glow! 



     This was definitely a quick and easy project.  Once I got started it took all of thirty minutes.  I hope this inspires you to re-purpose an item in your home and give it new life. 

     Happy Decorating and until next time.....

                                                                                                   Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment