Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentine's Day Decor

HAPPY FEBRUARY!!!

      I can hardly believe January is behind us and Valentine's Day is just around the corner.  I must admit, Valentine's Day is hardly the biggest holiday in our household, so I usually don't go too crazy with the decorations.  I certainly don't like to spend a lot of money.  I try to use what I already have around the house. 

     This year I decorated our buffet table in the dining room....


      I placed a white table runner along the buffet to brighten up the dark furniture.  I decided to display a monogrammed plate, which I use mostly for desserts, and added some pink ribbon for a touch of color. 

     I found the white felt hearts at Target for 10 cents a pack, in the discount Christmas decor bin.  They were originally sold as Christmas ornaments.  I don't think you can get a piece of candy for 10 cents anymore!


     I filled my apothecary jars with malt balls, yogurt covered pretzels, and cinnamon hearts.  I use these jars for every holiday, switching out the sweet treats throughout the year.  You can easily find cute jars like these at Home Goods or Michael's for reasonable prices. 


      As you can see, we have already been enjoying the yogurt covered pretzels! Yummm.

     Finally, I scored this berry wreath for 1/2 off at JoAnn's Fabrics and thought it was a nice finishing touch.



Just goes to show you that making a festive display need not be a drain on your wallet.  Be creative and see what you can come up with.

Happy Valentine's Day decorating!

                                                                                               -Molly
Scroll to Top

No comments:

Post a Comment